Pages

Sunday 13 April 2014

TFiOS Soundtrack

Yesterday, the soundtrack for the TFiOS (or The Fault in Our Stars) film was released. Here's the lineup:

Ed Sheeran – All Of The Stars
Jake Bugg – Simple As This
Grouplove – Let Me In
Birdy & Jaymes Young – Best Shot
Kodaline – All I Want
Tom Odell – Long Way Down
Charli XCX – Boom Clap
STRFKR – While I’m Alive
Indians – Oblivion
The Radio Dept. – Strange Things Will Happen
Afasi & Filthy – Bomfallarella
Ray LaMontagne – Without Words
Birdy – Not About Angels
Lykke Li – No One Ever Loved
M83 – Wait
Birdy – Tee Shirt (Bonus Track)

Some of these songs are available to listen to on YouTube, but due to copyright malarkey I didn't want to link you, just type the titles in yourself! Coming from someone who doesn't listen to music very much nor keep up to date with who's number one, I was surprised to see some artists I recognised. Ed Sheeran used to be one of my favourite artists and probably will be when he releases his new album 'X' in June. Jake Bugg, classic country, really like his style.

Now I had heard of Kodaline before, especially with their song "High Hopes" becoming super famous, but not of "All I Want". Let's just say I spent quite a while watching their two videos, following the story of a man whose face is not like the majority of ours' and how he just wants to be normal. It reflects perfectly on The Fault in Our Stars' story.

Tom Odell is currently one of my favourite artists and has been for the last year or so, so you can imagine my joy when I saw that one of his brilliant songs is on this soundtrack! I also explored the other tracks on YouTube, and my favourite one that I found was "Strange Things Will Happen" by The Radio Dept. It's so soft it just takes you away to another time and place.

Finally, the trailer song is "What You Wanted" by One Republic, and I just love it, suits the trailer really well. All of these songs have some meaning or other that corresponds with this wonderful story and every one of them will be going on a Deezer playlist of mine as soon as possible!

If you didn't know, The Fault in Our Stars is an amazing book written by John Green (I could link so many things right now) - here's his website.

No comments:

Post a Comment