Pages

Sunday 6 April 2014

Divergent Movie!

So I appreciate that  lot of people will have already seen Divergent; but in the UK (where I live), it only came out on Friday (4/4). I went to see it with two of my friends and I LOVED it!

For those of you who don;t know, Divergent is about a 16-year-old girl named Beatrice (or Tris), who lives in a futuristic, dystopian Chicago, where society is split into five factions based on personality traits: Abnegation, the selfless; Erudite, the intelligent; Amity, the peaceful; Candor, the honest; and Dauntless, the brave. Tris was born into Abnegation, but at 16, all teenagers take an 'aptitude test' which tells them which faction they are best suited for - but this test doesn't work on everyone, and Tris's results come back inconclusive. She is Divergent.

I absolutely loved both the film and the book, and I'd recommend the rest of the series to anyone. Be prepared for tears though, there are some very heart-wrenching scenes! I also loved the music used, and thought that it fitted perfectly with the action. Shailene and Theo were a perfect Tris and Four, and I can't wait until we get Insurgent, and eventually Allegiant (although I'll be an emotional train wreck!)

~ Tess

2 comments:

  1. Nice review Tess. I'm not sure I'll be invested in the rest of the franchise, as far as the movies are concerned.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How come? You should be!! ;)

    ReplyDelete